Contact

Sunday 18 December 2011

The beginning

This idea of blogging has been an interest of mine for a while, but trying to decide on a topic of discussion has been a huge factor in the slow process. However I had a epiphany when I realised I could talk about whatever I wanted in my blog, I could discuss my liking of wrestling, TCG card games and Batman comics, but I don't want to stick to one topic, I think I will just vent my thoughts and feelings here. If you read this then I hope you can relate to the things discussed here.

For this blog I want to get a load of stuff off my chest, stuff that has been bugging me about my work place, I work for a well known British supermarket owned by an American company, they love to talk about how they are one big family and how everyone there is treated as an equal etc. etc. etc. Well let me shine some revealing light on this, its all B.S.

I have been there for just over a year at this point, I have seen people come and people go, a good bulk of them treated like crap by this "family" of people, how some of these people got jobs is beyond me! Some of them are so stupid, snotty or just simply complete ass kissers. The later of these is what I really want to talk about, I hate boot lickers, they bug me, they are the kind of people who barely do anything while on shift yet somehow get the credit that YOU actually deserve. I could rant for ages about the big speech they give you on your initiation into the company about how promotion prospects are plentiful and are available to people who wish to progress within the company, which I do by the way.

This is yet another lie, a joke to make you think that the management are your friend, until you come to apply for the higher tier jobs, when all of a sudden you are looked at like you just killed someone. Then who do they give these jobs to, the "YES" men who follow management around like the little pets that they are, whats funny about these idiots is that they all smile to your face but are quick to run to management with any little thing that will get you into trouble. I get to see them all in the staff cafeteria, sitting together all giving each other a pat on the back for their "hard" work.

What really bugs me is that I have tried applying for a "section leader" position 3 times now since being with the company, the 1st time I was denied because I hadn't been with the company 6 months yet, which is funny as a fat useless woman was promoted to section leader of nights a few weeks earlier and she had been in the company less time then I had, the guy they hired as the section leader for my department turned out to be completely useless and ended up handing in his notice. The 2nd time I applied I got told by the section manager at the time that I wouldn't be interviewed if I applied for the job as I wasn't "on his radar". I wondered for ages what that meant, until I realised it meant that I didn't kiss his ass, so basically he wasn't going to let me move forward. Now I have applied again, my 3rd attempt, this time for a job that had its entry date set at 3rd of December, so my application was in with plenty of time and yet I have not heard anything about the job and the position is still on the internal jobs board in the staff area.

The worst thing is that I know that I can do the job, probably better then most of the current section leaders if given a chance to but obviously they don't want anyone who has a independent thought to be running round in control of anything. Its a shame too, but they fail to understand that I cannot be deterred and that I will keep coming until they finally give me that chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment