Contact

Wednesday 25 January 2012

Royal Rumble predictions

This years Royal Rumble event is looking to be fairly good, we have our 2 world title matches and of course the Royal Rumble itself.

1. C.M.Punk vs. Dolph Ziggler for the WWE championship with Johnny Ace as the guest ref.
This match will be interesting as both these guys are just awesome, they both are great talents and I imagine will put on one hell of a match. However with the guest ref I am imagining this will play an important role in the match dynamic.

2. Daniel Bryan vs. Big Show vs. Mark Henry for the World Heavyweight Championship (CAGE MATCH)
This should be fun, Bryan's new heel change has been quite good, looking forward to seeing if he keeps the world title when placed inbetween these two immense powerhouses. Kinda hoping Bryan doesn't retain as I have never been a huge fan and I think the only reason he got the belt is because Henry is injured. The stipulation I think will help Bryan get the win though, he will simply run up the cage while the other two kill each other or will escape through the door while the other two kill each other..... pffft.

3. Kane vs. John Cena
This is going to be simple..... Kane is going to beat the stuffing out of John Cena for the bulk of the match, Cena will then recover hit his 5 moves of doom and then go for the pin.... BUT I think that would kill any momentum Kane has got going, I think this will be a DQ finish, with Cena being left laying. Only way it will work I think. But this is WWE booking so we will have to see.

4. THE ROYAL RUMBLE
30 Men this time round, instead of the 40 man cluster-fuck that was the 2011 rumble. Don't get me wrong, I liked the fact my choice won and that in a sweep I pulled his number which lead to me winning some cash. This year is very much in the air for me I must be honest, so many guys could be in the running for the win.
My top 5 picks are:

5. Cody Rhodes
4. Wade Barrett
3. Sheamus
2. Randy Orton
1. Chris Jericho

I think it will be one of these guys, all 5 are immense performers and are all credible winner picks. I do think Jericho is the one to win it if I am honest, his return has been great so far, very cryptic and myserious, his motives and intentions have been kept very quiet. He has also never won a rumble match, making him in my mind the biggest name to have never won a rumble match.

Well thats my take on the 2012 Royal Rumble match.

No comments:

Post a Comment