Contact

Monday 10 September 2012

Expendables 2


What can I say about this movie, it is a HUGE cheesefest, the dialogue, the cast and the action combine to just make an awesome action flick that you should never take too seriously.
I could just go spoiler crazy here but will try to hold off, the film has some really good dialogue and some great fight scenes too. Let me give you a few reasons to watch this movie:

1.       Chuck “fucking” Norris

2.       Arnie

3.       VAN DAMME!!

4.       Cheesey stereotyped quotes

My personal review of Van Damme’s performance is this, as good as it was, for me anyway, it didn’t beat the ice cold refreshment of a coors light. ;-). Joking aside he was really good and looked in great shape too, a perfect bad guy, which to my knowledge isn’t something he is known for. The appearances by Arnie, Norris and Willis are really fun and not to be taken seriously, their dialogue is as typecast as it could possibly be and just makes this film fun despite an attempt at times to make it a tad too serious.

The only real disspapointmen for me were the lack of any “Universal Soldier” references and if there were I was too slow to catch them, since you had both the main characters in the movie and ironically on opposing sides in reverse. Other than that minor dispute I really really enjoyed this movie for what it is, a really cheese layered action flick.

No comments:

Post a Comment