Contact

Sunday 26 November 2017

Arkham Horror The Card Game: The Dunwich Legacy Part 1

So I have now started my solo flight of the Dunwich Legacy campaign from the Arkham Horror card game, opting to use Jenny Barnes as my investigator once again, however I have chosen not to carry over my previous experience from the Night of the Zealot campaign where I also opted to play as Jenny. When setting myself up for this campaign I wanted to make different choices than my team made in our 4 player run through of the Dunwich Legacy campaign and to make a start I opted to tackle The House Always Wins scenario first and the Extracurricular Activity second. I won’t go into too much detail as I have already written play through reviews for all these scenarios an I want to keep spoilers to a minimum.


The House Always Wins
I really wanted to stay away from using the reaction ability of the Act 1a card to switch a chaos token for another chaos token, then having to note that I cheated. However the chaos bag was not being very nice to me and I ended up resigning myself to using the ability to get my final clue to advance the act deck. I did take advantage of multiple victory points being available in this scenario and managed to rack up 4 experience points and managed to wake Francis Morgan out of his trance and get him out of the Clover Club alive.

Extracurricular Activity
This time I really wanted to end the scenario with a different resolution than my previous attempts at this scenario, sadly I wound up doing the same, rescuing the students from The Experiment instead of just trying to kill the swine. Sadly this scenario only netted me 2 experience points and I did not manage to rescue Warren Rice. I did not feel as in danger with this scenario as I did with The House Always Wins, The Experiment was quickly approaching but I was very confident I could get out of the scenario alive and intact.


Armitage’s Fate
Luckily I managed to get back to Henry Armitage before anyone could get to him and I was able to note that I had rescued him. As this was not an actual scenario, it didn’t give me any experience points and moving forward I opted against putting any of the extra story assets into my deck moving forward, simply because I would never have played any of them over Dr. Milan Christopher, who is my go to ally asset.


The Miskatonic Museum
This scenario did not seem as easy as my previous attempts and I only managed to score a measly 2 experience points as I opted to get out before the Hunting Horror became a major concern to me. Sadly this game also didn’t go the way  I hoped it would as I again opted to get clues to find a way in to the museum instead of breaking down the door. However I did make the correct choice to destroy the recovered Necronomicon unlike the previous campaign, where we took it and my Daisy build used it to great effect.


So from there I am a little under half way through this solo play through of the Dunwich Legacy campaign in Akrham Horror the card game. At this point I have yet to use the Experience points I obtained from the Miskatonic Museum pack but I have opted to take the Hot Streak and lockpick cards to bolster my deck for the next chapter in the campaign, The Essex County Express.


You can follow me on twitter @bigboss010 and Instagram @bigbosstp010. Thank you for reading, I’m Big Boss, I’m out.... Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment